Sunday, December 9, 2018

Hibiscus Flower



Meanwhile, the Hibiscus flower witnessed their moment in silence.


"You always slip that flower behind your right ear."

The boy whispered so gently that the girl had to sharpen her hearing. But that was what it was - he talked about the flower again. She then answered softly,

"I love and hate the flower at the same time. That's why it's always there."

A quick glance was what the girl received as the boy looked oddly calm. Not getting any more reactions, the girl continued her words,

"I love the flower because it was given by someone whom I love so deeply. The Hibiscus flower - or what we always call as 'Kembang Sepatu' stands for love and passion if it's a red one. I wear it behind my right ear due to a fact that the giver never declares his purpose directly - something that I secretly hate."

"So you don't like accepting the flower?" The boy asked, giving his whole attention to the girl this time.

"No, I don't mean that! I just...," the girl turned her gaze in the different direction. "You know, flowers have their own meaning. In different places, in different time."

"So, what if I do this to the flower?"

The boy, without waiting for the girl's response, lifted his hand so that he could take the flower from her right ear. The girl undoubtedly was surprised, but she didn't stop the boy. Instead, even with her heart pounding so softly, she watched how the boy moved the flower to the back of her left ear.

Finishing what he had done, the boy smiled brightly. The words which came afterwards from the boy sounded so melodic to the girl.

"I know that when a girl slips a Hibiscus flower behind her right ear, it means that she is still single and open to any possible relationship. Thus, I, after giving you these flowers relentlessly everyday, ask you for wearing it behind your left ear from now on because I want to let you know about something."

The girl was stunned by the boy's next words.

"I love you."

Meanwhile, the Hibiscus flower witnessed their moment in silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment